Upon looking outside it might be difficult to believe, but the calendar confirms it: this month, spring will arrive.
We’ve been doing our part to give spring a helping hand. We’re dusting off the bottles of floral essential oils and aromatic essences and we’ve managed to create some spring ambiance around here. Here’s a recipe that we created to help you do the same.
- Bottle, blue PETE with mister 120ml
- Pipettes 3ml for essential oils
- Small bowl
- 0.1 gram precision scale or measuring beaker
- 24ml (23g) ofhydrosol or water
- 84ml (70g) ofisopropyl alcohol 70%
- 12ml (10g) of a blend of essential oils or/and aromatic essences. You can create your very own blend, or pick one below.
Steps to follow
1. Choose a “perfume recipe”.
2. Weigh or measure your ingredients.
3. Mix your essential oils and/or aromatic essences in a ramekin.
4. Add your mix to the rubbing alcohol, and whisk well.
5. Add your hydrosol while mixing.
6. Using a funnel, pour the mixture into a bottle with a misting top.
7. Label your creation.
8. Allow the ingredients two weeks to properly mix and marry.
9. Shake well before each use. Use liberally as an air and fabric freshener, or even for your clothes and hair.
Note: Always spot test fabric first to make sure no spots or discolouration will occur.
Shelf life: 2 years