Do you crave soft, smooth skin?
When you’ve been running around like crazy getting everyone and everything ready for the back-to-school season, don’t forget to take a few minutes and give yourself a well-deserved break. Here’s an idea: why not go ahead and spoil yourself with our handmade charcoal exfoliator!
What could be better than soothing your cares away while rejuvenating your skin? Ready in just a few minutes, “Fuel your body” is a DIY exfoliant that will gently remove dead skin cells and renew your skin. Use it on your body and help keep that holiday glow as the days grow shorter.
So light a few candles, burn some incense, and start pampering yourself. Your skin and mind will thank you!
How to make body scrub?
- ¾ cup (220 g – 67.6%) Epsom salt
- 2 tablespoons (38 g – 11.7%) refined Dead Sea salt ( with or without additives)
- 1 tablespoon (18 g – 5.5%) Dr. Bronner’s unscented liquid castile soap (you can also use one of the scented Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soaps)
- 1 tablespoon (18 g – 5.5%) sucragel
- 1 teaspoon (5.5 g – 1.7%) jasmine aromatic essence
- 1 teaspoon (5.5 g – 1.7%) gardenia aromatic essence
- 1 tablespoon (16 g – 4.9%) calendula maceration
- 2 teaspoons (2 g – 0.6%) activated charcoal
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 g – 0.8%) elderberry extract
Good to know!
Do not substitute the aromatic essences with equal amounts of essential oils! If you prefer not to use aromatic essences, replace them with equal amounts of vegetable oil (calendula or other maceration). Then, add your favorite essential oils—one drop at a time—until the desired scent is reached.
The liquid castile soap and the sucragel help to rinse off the activated charcoal, which could otherwise stain your skin.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- Mix all the salts together in the first bowl.
- Stir the remaining (liquid) ingredients together in the second bowl.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the salt mixture and stir well.
- Transfer the final mixture into a 240 ml container.
Use and shelf life
Do not use this exfoliant on your face; use it to clean and exfoliate your body.
This product’s shelf life varies from three to six months.