Watch out, you’re going to shine!
Have you ever wondered, “How can I get shiny hair?” Despite your care and best efforts, have your dreams of lustrous tresses never come true? If so, don’t lose hope… We have something Brilliant for you! Without further ado, we present our new DIY hair mask for shiny hair.
Easy to make and easy to use, this homemade hair treatment is sure to please. On top of nourishing and strengthening your hair, it also adds beautiful shine to your mane, and its fresh, floral scent makes it a pleasure to apply.
In short, this DIY hair treatment is truly Brilliant, in every sense of the word!
How to make a hair treatment with oils
- 10 g (19.5%) castor oil
- 15 g (29.2%) coconut oil
- 25 g (48.7%) argan oil
- 1 g (1,9%) ylang ylang essential oil
- 0.3 g (0.6%) rosemary oleoresin
- 2 small stainless steel bowls
- Components to make a double boiler
- 1 mini silicone spatula
- 1 scale, accurate to 0.1 g
- 1 pipette
- A few ramekins
- 1 funnel
- 1 blue glass bottle with pump, 60 ml
Good to know!
- The vegetable oils in this recipe were chosen to strengthen hair and add shine.
- Ylang ylang essential oil fortifies hair and stimulates growth while lending sheen.
- For even shinier hair, you can use a vinegar-water hair rinse after shampooing. Just add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 1 litre of lukewarm/cold water and pour over clean, damp hair (do not rinse out). We promise, the vinegar smell won’t linger!
Steps to follow
- Prepare and disinfect your equipment and workspace.
- Weigh the coconut oil in a bowl and melt on the double boiler.
- Weigh the castor and argan oils in a second bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Using the pipette, weigh the essential oils and the rosemary oleoresin in a ramekin. Add to the oil mixture.
- Mix well and fill the pump bottle using the funnel.
Use and conservation
Run hot water over the bottle for a few seconds to liquify the mixture if needed. Apply your homemade hair treatment to the lengths and tips of dry or damp hair, as you prefer (it can also be applied to the scalp if needed or desired). Let set for at least thirty minutes, then wash well with a gentle shampoo.
This DIY hair mask can be used once per week, once every two weeks, or once a month, depending on the needs of your hair.
Made in optimal sanitary conditions, your hair mask will keep for six months to one year.