Today we’re taking a look at one of the least-loved body parts targeted for attention by the cosmetics industry: facial hair!
Forget dull, rough, unkempt bristles and imagine a beard or moustache that is soft and shiny – but not greasy – with the help of an oil you can make yourself in just fifteen minutes. Sound good? We’ll tell you how to make it!
And if you’re planning to participate in the Movember challenge and proudly sport a moustache to support the cause, you might as well grow one that will be the envy of your peers. And maybe, come December, you’ll decide not to shave it off!
A great gift for yourself or for all the hairy beasts around you.
After all, beards and moustaches are sexy!
How to make beard oil?
- 36 ml (60%) of hemp seed oil
- 12 ml (20%) of jojoba oil
- 12 ml (20%) of deodorized argan oil
- 0.6 ml of vitamin E
Suggested scent blend (optionnal)
- 8 drops of Atlas cedar essential oil – Cedrus atlantica
- 7 drops of Balsam fir essential oil – Abies balsamea
- 3 drops of anise essential oil – Pimpinella anisum
- 8 drops of lime essential oil – Citrus aurantifolia
- 2 drops of vetiver essential oil – Vetiveria zizanioides
- 2 drops of benzoin essential oil – Styrax benjoin
- Graduated cylinder or mini-measuring beaker to measure the oils
- 3 ml pipettes to measure the essential oils
- 60 ml blue glass bottle with pump. Note: we don’t advise using bottles with rubber eye droppers since the oil will disintegrate the rubber. After it has been used a few times, it will become soft and elastic.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- Using the graduated cylinder, measure the vegetable oils (hemp, jojoba, and argan).
- Using the funnel, pour the vegetable oils into the bottle.
- Using the filling syringes, measure each essential oil and add them one by one to the ramekin. Stir.
- Add to the bottle. Insert the pump and shake vigorously.
- Your shaving oil is ready! Apply a dab or two once or twice daily.