As the outdoor temperature plumets below zero˚C, snowflakes announce the perfect time to carve 15 minutes out of your day for a warm skin nourishing and relaxing bath.
Here are two bath recipes to inspire you, and to personalise as seen fit. With the holidays around the corner this recipe, tripled or even quadrupled, makes for a perfect gift. Offer the gift of wellbeing this year.
How to make milk baths
Softening Milk Bath
- 30g of colloidal oatmeal
- 10g of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
- 12g of argan oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 0.5ml of Ho Wood essential oil
- 2-5 drops of patchouli essential oil
- Calendula petals (optional)
Steps to follow
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- Weigh and mix together the colloidal oatmeal and sodium bicarbonate.
- In a ramekin, weigh the argan oil and add the essential oils. Swirl to mix.
- Add the argan/essential oil mix to the dry ingredients with a pipette, a drop at a time, mix well so all powder is humidified.
- Add calendula petals and mix.
- Add the mix to a warm bath and relax!
Soothing lavender and orange milk bath
- 80g of Epsom salt
- 40g of colloidal oatmeal
- 0.5ml lavender essential oil
- 0.5ml sweet orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon oflavender flowers (optional)
Steps to follow
- Préparer et désinfecter le matériel ainsi que l’espace de travail.
- Weigh and mix together the colloidal oatmeal and Epsom salt.
- With a pipette, add the lavender and orange essential oils, mix well.
- Add the lavender flowers.
- Add to a warm bath and relax!
If you would like to color your bath milk, add a small quantity of oxides or ultramarine with a tiny pigment spoon. Add one spoon at a time and mix well, ideally with your hands to ensure there are no colorant clumps. Go for a light pastel color, a more intense colour is achievable however it will also color you and your bath, be frugal.
- Bath water should ressemble our body temperature, that is 37˚C
- A bath should not exceed 15 minutes, beyond this time the skin starts to wrinkle.
- Why not go “all out” and create an enjoyable experience with music, candles, lights…