Get a glowing complexion with this face mask recipe
Just imagine a foam that’s as light as a cloud, makes your complexion as radiant as a thousand stars, and grants you a few wonderfully relaxing minutes. Does this Fabulous Foam sound too good to be true? Well, it’s real! Fabulous Foam is our new face mask recipe for glowing skin.
We’re particularly proud of this homemade face mask. Every Coco member who has tried it simply loves it. Its carefully selected ingredients deeply cleanse your skin and boost its radiance. It’s all you need for a happy, glowing complexion!
Ready to glow? Read on to learn how to make your own Fabulous Foam DIY face mask!
How to make a radiance-boosting face mask
Before you begin
This face mask recipe calls for coco glucoside, an ingredient with a high pH value (12). So, it’s very important to wear gloves and safety glasses while making it! Rest assured, the pH of the final product is 4.5, which is compatible with your skin’s natural pH.
- 10 g (20%) carrot seed hydrosol
- 10 g (20%) witch hazel hydrosol
- 17.5 g (35%) demineralized water
- 0.5 g (1%) vitamin C
- 0.5 g (1%) lactic acid
- 5 g (10%) coco glucoside
- 2.5 g (5%) green tea maceration
- 0.5 g (1%) rosehip oil
- 0.5 g (1%) vitamin E
- 0.5 g (1%) elderberry extract
- 2.5 g (5%) coco betaine
- 2 small stainless steel bowls
- 1 small silicone spatula
- 1 scale, accurate to 0.1 g
- A few pipettes
- 2 ramekins
- 1 mini-mixer with frothing attachment (the small wheel)
- Some pH indicator paper
- 1 funnel
- 1 foam pump bottle, 50 ml
- Protective gear
Good to know!
- All of the actives in this recipe were chosen for their fabulous properties, which are perfect for giving you a glowing complexion:
- Vitamin C has a smoothing, brightening effect on your complexion.
- Carrot seed hydrosol is perfect for dull, tired skin and will give it a beautiful glow.
- Witch hazel hydrosol was chosen for its purifying, skin-toning effects.
- Lactic acid will help slough off dead skin cells and lowers the pH of the preparation, countering the high pH of the coco glucoside and vitamin C.
- Rosehip oil is revitalizing.
- Green tea maceration helps rid your skin of impurities, giving it a real brightness boost!
- After you’ve finished making your face mask, you’ll notice that the phases will soon separate. Don’t panic! This is normal! Before using, just shake the bottle—gently, to prevent it from foaming up too much—then pump a little out and apply it to your skin.
- You must use a bottle with a foam pump for your face mask to have the right foamy texture.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and disinfect your equipment and workspace.
- Weigh the water and vitamin C in a small stainless steel bowl. Mix with the mini-mixer until the vitamin C is completely dissolved.
- Weigh the hydrosols and lactic acid in a small bowl. Add them to the water and vitamin C, then mix well with the spatula. Phase A is now ready! Set it aside.
- Weigh all the phase B ingredients in a ramekin. Mix gently with the spatula so that the preparation doesn’t foam up too much.
- Weigh the coco betaine in a second ramekin. Set aside.
- Add phase B to phase A, while mixing gently with the spatula.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, add the coco betaine and mix gently with the spatula. When the mixture is once again homogeneous, soak the pH paper in the product and examine the colour. It should correspond to about 4.5.
- Pour the product into the foam pump bottle using a funnel. Your DIY face mask is ready!
Use and conservation
How to use this radiance-boosting face mask
- Gently shake the bottle to mix the phases together.
- Press down on the pump to draw out a bit of product. Apply to your whole face, avoiding the areas around your eyes and mouth.
- Massage your face to help the mask penetrate.
- Leave the mask on for five to ten minutes, massaging your face from time to time.
- Rinse well with fresh water, then apply a hydrating cream.
This face mask recipe is formulated for dull, tired skin and will help your complexion glow again! It can be used one to two times per week, depending on your needs.
If you have sensitive or reactive skin, we recommend first checking to make sure it won’t cause a reaction. Just apply a bit of face mask to the crook of your elbow, leave on for five to ten minutes, then rinse off. Monitor the area for any redness or irritation.
Fabulous Foam conservation
When made in optimal sanitary conditions, this homemade face mask will keep for three months in the fridge. Refrigerating your face mask will protect the heat-sensitive actives and give your mask a pleasant, fresh feel when applied, and make it even more effective!