Don’t let active days scare you away!
Getting to work, making sure the little ones put their shoes on properly, chasing after the cat to give it its medicine, watering the plants, running errands, tidying the coffee table that becomes cluttered the second you look away… Every day is full, needless to say! To tackle it all without unpleasant underarm odour, we need to be well equipped. That’s why we came up with this homemade deodorant recipe!
Touch the Sky was formulated to respect your skin and body. Baking soda-free, this homemade cream deodorant cares for very sensitive underarms while effectively combatting odours. All it takes is a pea-sized amount of cream to cover both armpits, which is easily applied with your fingertips!
With this DIY deodorant, you’ll be able to move about freely and make the most of your day without a worry! So… let’s Touch the Sky!
How to make your own deodorant?
- 30 g demineralized water
- 0.5 g aloe vera powder 100x
- 15 g tapioca starch
- 2 g vegetable glycerin
- 2 g (⅛ tsp.) xanthan gum
- 2 g elderberry extract
- 2 g willow bark extract
- 5 g 70% isopropyl alcohol
- 1.2 g essential oils (use one of the two following mixtures or invent one of your own)
Essential oils mix
Golden citrus grove
- 3 small bowls
- 1 mini silicone spatula
- 1 scale, accurate to 0.1 g
- 1 pipette
- A few ramekins and small spoons
- 1 small whisk
- 1 small funnel
- Components to make a double boiler (optional)
- 1 plastic eyedropper bottle, 60 ml
Good to know!
Tapioca starch absorbs excess humidity, thereby reducing perspiration.
- Zinc oxide is astringent.
- Aloe vera powder is soothing and makes this homemade deodorant recipe ideal for those with very sensitive underarms!
- The essential oil mixtures we suggest will provide your vegan deodorant with a delicate scent and also increase its effectiveness.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- In the first small bowl, mix the ingredients for the oil phase. Crush any lumps of zinc oxide with the silicone spatula. You may warm the mixture (very slightly) on a double boiler to facilitate breaking up the clumps.
- In a second small bowl, mix the glycerin with the xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a third small bowl, mix the remainder of the aqueous phase ingredients. When the mixture is homogeneous, pour it into the glycerin and xanthan gum mixture. Whisk, while scraping the bottom of the bowl, for at least one minute. The mixture will thicken and gel.
- Pour the aqueous phase into the oil phase. Mix well.
- In a ramekin, mix the isopropyl alcohol and elderberry and willow bark extracts with the essential oils. Pour into the cream and mix well.
- Use a small funnel to pour the cream into the container.
- Close and label the container. Your homemade deodorant is now ready for use!
Use and conservation
This homemade deodorant is formulated for all skin types. It is particularly well suited for those with poor tolerance to baking soda-based deodorants.
Made in optimal hygienic conditions, it will keep for at least 3 months.
To apply, pour out a little bit of cream (a pea-sized drop) and divide it between the fingertips of both hands, then massage your armpits. Rinse hands after application.