Is there anything more inviting than a hot bath? A traditional bubble bath that poses no risk to your health? And to top it off, a relaxing scent? Well, if that’s what you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place!
Commercial bubble baths are often criticized for containing SLES (Sodium laureth sulfate), a foaming agent disapproved of by the David Suzuki Foundation and others since it can irritate the skin and eyes. At Coop Coco, we replace it in our recipes with coco betaine which, combined with with decyl glucoside, creates lots of suds while being kind to your skin.
So here’s our recipe for a fast, easy bubble bath that you can personalize in any way you wish to make gifts for any occasion, including (and especially) a special treat for yourself.
Happiness in a bottle!
How to make bubble bath?
- 80 g (32.4%) decyl glucoside
- 80 g (32.4%) coco betaine
- 80 g (32.4%) demineralized water
- Optional: 0.5 to 1 g (or more, depending on the desired colour) of colorant for glycerin soap
- 7 g (2.8%) of essential oils or aromatic essences of your choice, or one of the following:
Fruit Salad blend
Autumn Warmth blend
Joyful Child blend
Sensual Lather blend
- 1 bottle Cosmo 240ml with disc top
- Measuring funnel pitcher or any other container large enough to mix the ingredients (at least 1 cup/ 250ml.)
- Ramekins to blend the essential oils
- Scale accurate to 0.1 gram
Steps to follow
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- Weigh the decyl glucoside, the coco betaine, and the demineralized water.
- Pour the decyl glucoside and the coco betaine into the measuring cup or other container, stirring gently to avoid creating too much foam. The mixture will become slightly cloudy, but will become transparent once the two ingredients are well blended.
- Add the demineralized water. Stir gently.
- Weigh the essential oils in the desired blend in a ramekin, then add to the mixture. Once again, stir gently to avoid creating too much foam.
- Add colorant for glycerin soap if desired. Add a few drops, stir, and keep adding slowly until you reach the desired colour.
- Using a funnel, pour into the bottle.
Now all you need is a rubber ducky to join you in your bath!
How to use
Add one or two capfuls to the water as the tub is filling.