Recipe for calendula, oatmeal, ginger, and bergamot face bar
Steps to follow
- 20 g (9.7%) of cocoa butter
- 24 g (11.7%) de kokum butter
- 40 g (19.4%) of shea butter
- 30 g (14.6%) of ghassoul clay
- 30 g (14.6%) of yellow clay
- 25 g (12.1%) of castor oil
- 14 g (6.8%) of calendula maceration
- 20 g (9.7%) of oatmeal
- 1 g (0.5%) of ginger Zingiber officinalis essential oil
- 1.5 g (0.7%) of bergamot Citrus bergamiaessential oil
- 0.5 g (0.2%) of calendula flowers Calendula officinalis
Steps to follow
1. Weigh the ingredients.
2. Melt the butters in the double boiler.
3. Once the butters have melted, remove from heat and add the oils (castor oil and macerated calendula oil).
4. Add the colloidal oatmeal and stir well to remove lumps.
5. Add the essential oils and stir again.
6. Divide the mixture in half.
7. To the first half, add the ghassoul clay and the calendula petals. Stir.
8. To the second half, add the yellow clay. Stir.
9. Fill half the silicone mould with the first half of the mixture (with ghassoul clay and calendula petals). Place in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.
10. Remove from the freezer and add the second mixture (with yellow clay). Refrigerate for several hours.
11. Gently unmold. Your cleansing soap bar is ready for use!
How to use the cleansing soap bar
The bar can be used on your face and/or your entire body. The oils will deeply nourish your skin, leaving it soft and silky.
Depending on the size of your mold, you may have to cut the bar into smaller pieces with a knife.
1. Warm the bar in your hands so that it melts slightly.
2. Massage your skin and/or face to distribute the foam and allow it to penetrate your skin.
3. Wait a few moments and rinse with warm water.
4. Pat dry with a towel. A moisturizing film will be left on your skin. In a few minutes, the skin will absorb the oils and butters, which will deeply nourish your skin.