This chocolate face mask recipe will whet your appetite!
Heads up, all of you foodies: we have a recipe just for you!! This homemade facial mask made from chocolate and hazelnuts will delight your senses and leave your complexion radiant.
Ready in just a few minutes, our Go Nuts for Cocoa face mask brings a real glow to your complexion. It provides care for your skin along with a mouthwatering chocolate aroma that is difficult to resist. So go ahead and take a few minutes to make this DIY chocolate face mask and treat yourself. Relaxation guaranteed!
With its morale-boosting power and benefits for our skin (and taste buds!), chocolate really does it all… It’s impossible to resist!
How to make your own chocolate face mask?
Before you begin
This face care recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to bring a fresh glow to their complexion. However, those with dry or sensitive skin may experience some redness and/or tightness after use. So don’t forget to apply a moisturizer after rinsing off your chocolate face mask!
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 10 g white clay
- 3 g colloidal oatmeal
- 25 g warm water
- 10 g honey
- 5 g hazelnut oil
- A few drops of chocolate flavour for the connoisseurs among you
- 2 small bowls
- 1 scale accurate to 0.1 g
- 1 whisk
- A few ramekins and small spoons (to weigh various ingredients)
Steps to follow
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa powder, clay, and oatmeal
- In a second bowl, mix the honey into the warm water to dissolve it.
- Pour the honey water over the powders, mixing with a spoon or a whisk until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Add the hazelnut oil and, if desired, the chocolate flavour. Mix well.
- Apply a thick layer to the skin of your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not allow the mask to dry on your skin (you can use a spray bottle of thermal spring water or hydrosol to keep the mask moist).
- Gently rinse your face with clean water.
- Moisturize your skin with a cream or apply a light oil, such as hazelnut oil.
The Go Nuts for Cocoa mask is quick to make but should be used as soon as possible. We recommend that you apply it immediately. It can, however, be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.