For many weeks, we have been busy developing a mineral makeup workshop. After trying the new creations on a few employees, we eventually had to clean them up. Here is the the makeup remover we used to make them fresh, clean and soft again. Make sure to shake vigorously before each use in order to incorporate the two phases. Apply the cleanser with a cotton pad. This product will remove waterproof make-up, even on the most sensitive eyes. It will also protect your skin against moisture loss and prevent damage caused by dryness.
How to make eye make-up remover
- 50ml graduated cylinder ou mini measuring beakers
- Mini mixer
- 60ml glass bottle with pump
- 30 g (51.5%) of chamomille hydrosol or aloe juice (no preservatives)
- 9.2 g (15.8%) of jojoba oil
- 18.4 g (31.6%) of avocado oil, or apricot kernel oil, or borage oil or grapeseed oil, or 18.4g of a mixture of 2 or 3 of these oils.
- 0,6 g (1%) of geogard
Steps to follow if using grapefruit seed extract
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- Mesure hydrosol and/or aloe juice and the oils separately.
- Gently heat the hydrosol or aloe juice in a double boiler, add geogard and mix till completely diluted. Remove from heat.
- Add oils to the previous mix.
- With the help of a funnel, pour the mixture into a bottle with a pump.
The mixture will keep for one to three months, away from light and heat. Shake well before using. Want to know more about the making your own makeup? We are offering a new course where you will learn how to make your own mascara, lipstick, lip gloss, eye shadow, pencils, powder foundations and blushes. More information about this course here. Please note that this class is offered in French.