This roll-on sunscreen will leave your skin silky smooth and slightly white with a delicate floral scent. Your whole family will love it. Zinc oxide is a sunscreen that physically blocks the sun’s UVA and UVB rays (much like your clothing protects you from the sun).
If it is well blended and applied, this recipe will produce a sunscreen with an SPF of about 30+. It’s important to mix the cream with the zinc oxide until it has the texture of yoghurt. If you don’t mix it well enough, the zinc oxide will sink to the bottom of the bowl and, once it’s poured, only the bottom part of the tube will contain zinc oxide.
You can choose between two different waxes: the candelilla wax will give you a white sunscreen that is a little harder than if you use beeswax, which will produce a more yellowish result.
One more thing (yes, we’re almost done – then you can get busy making your sunscreen!): once it’s made, the stick might seem a little hard. But remember that it’s designed to withstand high summer temperatures and the blazing furnace of your beach bag!
- 22g organic beeswax or candelilla wax
- 22g zinc oxide
- 28g apricot kernel oil
- 26g jojoba oil
- 11g mango butter
- 0.8g coconut aromatic essence
- 0.2g rosewood essential oil
Steps to follow
1. Weigh the ingredients.
2. Melt the chosen wax (without overheating) along with the apricot kernel oil, the jojoba oil, and the mango butter.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add the zinc oxide. Begin by stirring with a small spoon, then switch to the deluxe mini mixer with the metal froth attachment.
5. Continue blending until the mixture is the texture of yoghurt. Otherwise, it won’t work..
6. Pour the mixture into the deodorant tube and the 15 ml. metal tin.
7. Let harden.
8. And you’re done!