Here’s an easy recipe that can be adapted for use with any oils you may have on hand.
- 30 g olive oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil or another liquid oil of your choice
- 20 g jojoba oil, argan oil, extra virgin coconut oil or another nutritive liquid oil of your choice.
- 30 g shea butter
- 30 g deodorized cocoa butter or raw cocoa butter
- 10 g castor oil
- 30 g beeswax
- 3 g (3 ml) vitamin E
- 5 g (5.5 ml) essential oil of your choice or
- 8 g (8.8 ml) flavor
Steps to follow
1. Measure all the ingredients except the vitamin E and the essential oil/flavour. Melt the oils in a double boiler.
2. Melt the mixture in the double boiler until it is liquid.
3. Add the essential oil or flavour to the liquid mixture.
4. The mixture must remain liquid: if it becomes too thick, return it to the double boiler until it becomes liquid again.
5. Use a pipette with the end trimmed to quickly fill the empty tubes with the mixture.
6. Allow the mixture to solidify
And that’s all there is to it!
- Use a pipette to easily measure small amounts.
- You can divide the recipe into two or three parts to make fewer tubes.
- Use a scale accurate to 0.1 gr. when making small quantities.
- Add one of our organic flavours for a delicious result!