Are you in a hurry and don’t have time to wash your hair? Or maybe you’ve had a busy day and don’t feel up to taking care of your long locks? Or you’re about to leave on a trip and need a practical, affordable, and easy solution for showering? No Dryer Required, a natural dry shampoo recipe, is just what you need!
Made from a combination of powders, this DIY dry shampoo allows you to clean your hair without showering. No need to even get your hair wet. It’s a real time saver that also lets you save water!
There’s No Dryer Required with your own homemade dry shampoo!
How to make your own dry shampoo
Light-coloured hair (blond, white, dirty blond)
Medium-coloured hair (auburn, red, light brown)
Dark-coloured hair (dark brown, black)
- 1 scale, accurate to 0.1 g
- A few ramekins and small stainless steel spoons
- 1 coffee grinder (optional)
- 1 powder spray bottle with locking nozzle, 180ml
- 1 funnel
Good to know!
Grinding the ingredients in the coffee grinder is an optional step that will mix all the ingredients together thoroughly to create a homogeneous mixture. You can also blend the powders with a spoon or by shaking the spray bottle well—with the lid on, of course!
Steps to follow
- Weigh the powders.
- Grind them in a coffee grinder for 30 seconds (optional).
- Using a funnel, pour powders into a powder spray bottle. Your dry shampoo is now ready for use!
Use and conservation
How do I use my dry shampoo?
- Spray the mixture onto dry hair, taking care to apply it over your entire scalp. Don’t forget your temples, the back of your head, and just above your nape!
- Gently massage your scalp. Leave the dry shampoo to set for a few minutes.
- Brush your hair in all directions (head up, head down) to remove excess powder.
- If your hair is staticky and/or tangled, use our no-rinse conditioner.
How long will my dry shampoo keep?
Made in optimal sanitary conditions, this homemade dry shampoo should keep for over 6 months. Keep in a dry, dark place, away from direct light.